DeFelsko PosiTector Thickness Gauge - For Metals
Coating thickness gages that is ideal for use by body shops, dealerships, painters, appraisers, inspectors, detailers, and professional car buyers at auctions.
They enable a quick assessment of the quality of the paint finish and to verify that the condition of a vehicle matches its reported history, that is, determine if the vehicle has been in an accident or experienced other types of paint damage.
For Detailers it will give you a measurement on the thickness of the paint prior to Paint correction. This will give you a guide if you are able to perform three stage correction, or fall back to a single stage. In some cases you may decide not to take the job, if there is not enough paint available.
- Fast measurement speed—60+ readings per minute. Enhanced FAST mode—90+ readings per minute for quick inspection.
- Ready to measure—no adjustment required for most applications
- NEW Larger 2.8" impact resistant color touchscreen with redesigned keypad for quick menu navigation
- NEW explains menu items at the touch of a button
- Flashing display—ideal in a noisy environment
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- NEW Weatherproof, dustproof, and water-resistant—IP65-rated enclosure
- NEW Ergonomic design with durable rubberized grip
- Wear-resistant probe tip
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster for added impact resistance
- Two year warranty on gage body AND probe
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST or PTB included
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for precision applications
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector 6000, 200, DPM, IRT, RTR, SPG, SST, SHD, BHI, and UTG probes easily converting from a coating thickness gage to a dew point meter, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, ultrasonic wall thickness gage, or hardness tester
- Multiple Calibration adjustment options including 1 point, 2 point, and ISO 19840 correction factors
- Selectable display languages
- NEW Auto rotating display with Flip Lock
- Extended cables available (up to 75 m/250 ft) for underwater or remote measuring
- Mils/Microns/mm switchable
- Statistics mode continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max and number of readings while measuring
- NEW Screen Capture—save 100 screen images for record keeping and review
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- NEW Instant-on feature quickly powers up the gage if recently powered down
- NEW Up to 30% longer battery life
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included.
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Software Updates via web keep your gage current
- Software Solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data