DIY Details' Fine Grade Clay Towel or Perforated Synthetic Decontamination Towel safely removes medium to heavy, above-surface, bonded contaminants. These include: tree sap, water spots, paint overspray, bugs, road debris, and industrial fallout. Measuring 12" x 12", this microfiber flexible edge allows the synthetic clay to effortlessly comply with all the vehicle's body contours.
Use this Fine Grade Clay Towel during the wash process or during a standard decontamination process. Unlike clay bars, synthetic decontamination "clay" towels allow you to rinse off contaminants after using - providing you with a product that will last.
**Use on cool surface and out of direct sunlight. Make sure you are using a clay lubricant on the surface to avoid clay transfer to vehicle**
- Wash Process:
- Remove all loose dirt and debris from the vehicle.
- Spray a clay lubricant on the clay towel & over the entire vehicle, focusing on one panel at a time.
- To avoid cross-contamination, start at the top of the area you are working with then move to the bottom.
- Make sure your clay towel stays lubricated as you continue working on the vehicle. Once you have finished every panel, your vehicle is properly decontaminated.
- Standard Decontamination Process:
- Wash and rinse vehicles surface to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Perform your decontamination panel by panel with the clay towel.
- Making sure you thoroughly coat the panels surface with a clay lubricant.
- With the lubricated clay towel & surface, start rubbing the clay towel over the panel you are treating until it glides smoothly.
- Using a clean microfiber towel, wipe off all remaining clay lubricant and dry the decontaminated panel before moving onto the next.