FEYNLAB® PLASTIC transforms faded dull exterior trim back into a deep rich looking finish. PLASTIC grants a new chemical structure that adds UV protection from future fading.
Once PLASTIC is Fully Cured, it is recommended to top with OVERCOAT for extra protection and hydrophobics.
Durability & Application Surfaces:
Durability – 1 yr.
Application includes 1 component layer.
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
- Exterior textured plastics
- Exterior plastic bumpers
Unopened – 1 year. Opened – Use within 3-4 months of opening. ALWAYS keep cap on the bottle when not in use.
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® PLASTIC
Always wear a respirator & gloves during application. Ensure the application area is free of loose contamination.
Thoroughly clean vehicle using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH vehicle to remove all topical contamination. Follow with a topical decontamination clay treatment using FEYNLAB® PRIME.
Prior to application place the vehicle in a well lit, temperature-controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination
Shake PLASTIC vigorously for 1 min before use.
- Thoroughly shake the bottle before use.
- Using the microfiber applicator, apply a small amount of PLASTIC and work into the surface. The amount of product should be enough to evenly coat the area without over-saturation.
- Allow the plastic to dwell and seep in for 5-10 min or apply as much as needed in a 5-10 minute window.
- After 5 min, go back to the application starting point, evening out the surface and remove excess product.
Multiple Coats: Allow the application to cure for at least 12hrs (overnight) between additional coats.
Note: The amount of product required will vary based upon the overall composition of the plastic trim type and the starting condition. More oxidized faded trim may require more product for restoration. For extremely faded plastic use FEYNLAB®PLASTIC BLACK.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Post Application Instructions:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Cure surfaces in the sun right after application for as long as possible.
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 4 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe the water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If the humidity level approaches 80% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
If possible apply the coating in a temperature-controlled environment of 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.