FEYNLAB® Plastic Black
Turn back the clock on faded black automotive trim with this revolutionary coating technology. Restore extremely faded black plastic trim to a deep rich black and protect it long-term!
FEYNLAB® PLASTIC BLACK address the specific needs of severely faded exterior vehicle trim by incorporating black pigmentation into the PLASTIC formula. PLASTIC BLACK reformulates the original faded plastic in order to restore and protect it. Additionally, PLASTIC BLACK has a slightly glossier finish than PLASTIC.
Once Plastic Black is Fully Cured, it is recommended to top with OVERCOAT for extra protection and hydrophobics.
Durability & Application Surfaces
Durability – 1 yr.
The application includes 1 component layer.
APPROVED SURFACES FOR APPLICATION ONLY: – DO NOT apply to unapproved surfaces
- Black textured plastics
- Black plastic bumpers
Unopened – 1 year. Opened – Use within 3-4 months of opening. ALWAYS keep a cap on the bottle when not in use.
30ml (1oz) FEYNLAB® PLASTIC BLACK
Always wear a respirator & gloves during application. Ensure the application area is free of loose contamination.
– DO NOT USE ON GREY TRIM. The Pigmentation within Plastic Black will permanently stain non-black coloured trim
Thoroughly clean vehicle using FEYNLAB® PURE WASH vehicle to remove all topical contamination.
Prior to application place the vehicle in a well lit, temperature-controlled 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), & contamination-free environment.
Shake PLASTIC BLACK vigorously for 1 min before use.
- Thoroughly shake the bottle before use.
- Using the microfiber applicator, apply a small amount of PLASTIC BLACK and work into the surface. The amount of product should be enough to evenly coat the area without over-saturation.
- Allow the plastic to dwell and seep in for 5-10 min or apply as much as needed in a 5-10 minute window.
- After 5 min, go back to the application starting point, evening out the surface and remove excess product.
Multiple Coats for EXTREMELY Faded Trim: Allow the application to cure for at least 12hrs (overnight) between additional coats.
Note: The amount of PLASTIC BLACK required will vary based upon the overall type of plastic and the starting condition. More oxidized faded plastics may require more product or multiple applications.
Be sure to carefully inspect all finished panels for any leftover coating residue (high spots) during the final wipe. Commonly edges, emblems, and other tight areas may contain some remaining residue. High spots are much easier to remove if caught within a 20-40 min window after the final wipe than later when the coating has set and curing has started.
Post Application Instructions:
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Cure surface in the sun right after application for as long as possible.
- Avoid any incidental water exposure for 4 hours. If it occurs, gently wipe the water off the surface.
- Avoid all chemicals including car washes for 7 days.
All FEYNLAB® Coatings are subject to different dwell and curing time windows due to humidity and temperature. In General, the higher the humidity level the quicker the coating will cure. If the humidity level approaches 80% or higher then consider lessening the recommended dwell and wipe times for the coating.
If possible apply the coating in a temperature-controlled environment 10°C-30°C (50°F-85°F), with humidity as low as possible.