GTECHNIQ G1 including G2 CLEARVISION SMART GLASS
Make it easier to remove bugs, road grime, and even ice, all while increasing visibility from your windshield during rain!
Unlike regular rain repellent coatings that adhere to the surface of the glass using relatively weak physical bonds, G1 uses a chemical bond which gives G1 unrivalled durability.
G1's excellent durability and exceptionally low smear characteristics make it ideal for car windscreens.
Note: that with glass coatings there is a trade off between durability and functionality. Whilst G1 is recommended for car windscreens, for surfaces such as shower screens, or marine glass where maximum repellency is required, it is better to use G5 Water Repellent Coating for Glass and Plexiglass.
Please also note that G1 will only work on glass substrates so, for example, it will not work on modern headlight lenses which are made from polycarbonate.
For these you will need to use G5 Water Repellent for Glass and Perspex.
Features and Benefits:
- Excellent durability & low smearing
- Protection that last for up to 2 years
- Last up to 30,000 Miles
- Wiper blade proof
- Makes wet weather driving safer & less tiring
- Highly concentrated nano technology formulation
- Keeps windshields cleaner longer & makes bugs & ice easy to remove
- For non-new glass prepare first with G4 Glass Nano Polish
- Apply 3 coats for windscreen, 1 coat for side windows
- Includes FREE G2 Residue Remover
Gtechniq G1 CLEAR VISION SMART GLASS COATING Step by step instructions.
- If you are applying indoors ensure that there is adequate ventilation
- Ensure that the surface to be coated is entirely free from fats/oils - cleaning and then polish the glass Gtechniq G4 Nanotech Glass Polish
- We recommend three coatings on windscreens and a single coating on side and rear screens
- Apply using the applicator pad to the windscreen from drivers side to passenger side. And without removing the residue repeat this application from the drivers side to the passenger side.
- Once you have two coats on the windscreen, continue to apply the product to the side and rear screens followed by a third coat to your windscreen
- If ambient conditions are below 15 Celsius allow the coating to cure for 30 minutes and if above 15 Celsius allow to cure for 15 minutes only.
- NB if your glass is very cold, we also recommend to heat up your windscreen using your vehicle's demist function.
- Once cured (you should see an opaque film of excess product on the surface), use another lint free cloth to apply the G2 Residue Remover and then buff using a cotton towel type cloth so that you are left with a clear smear free finish. (Cotton is preferable to microfiber as the densely packed fibers of the microfiber cloth may remove too much of the partially cured coating from the surface)
- We recommend buffing areas no bigger than quarter of a windscreen or half a side window at a time.
- On application of G1 wiper blades should be thoroughly cleaned with IPA or window cleaner, alternatively replace the wipers if they are towards the end of their lifecycle as if the blades are soiled they can judder on the surface. We also recommend applying G1 to the blades without removing residue
- Once coated do not expose your car to the elements for at least 3 hours
- There may be some wiper blade judder on the first application of the product, in 90% of cases this will disappear in one or two weeks
- G1 and G2 have a shelf life of 2 years from purchase, for best result, use within 3 months of opening