GTECHNIQ I1 Smart Fabric Coating, Protectant, and Waterproofer
- Available in Standard 5L and Antibacterial (AB) versions
- I1 Smart Fabric protects all kinds of fabrics from water and oil based stains. It is breathable and extremely durable and fluorocarbon free.
- I1 Smart Fabric makes ordinary fabrics waterproof and easy to clean. Use it to prevent soaking, swelling or rotting on any fabric. From sails, tents and awnings to your cars soft top and interior.
- For added protection against the germs that can find their way into your vehicle's interior, use our I1 Smart Fabric AB (Antibacterial) version!
- With added_BioCote antimicrobial technology, C6 Matte Dash Antibacterial treated surfaces will kill 99.9% of bacteria.
- The nano particles of I1 coat each fabric fibre individually, leaving the texture unaffected, allowing the material to breathe. This means stale air will still be able to escape, while repelling water and oil-based liquids.
- I1 Smart Fabric is also colour safe so will not tarnish any finishes but we do recommend testing a small area of fabric before use.
- I1 Smart Fabric V2 leaves no remnants of a spillage and moisture simply falls off a coated surface. Laboratory testing reveals that I1 V2 repels water to the highest standard set by the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) ISO 5.
- Rigorous was testing reveals the GTECHNIQ fabric protection remains at its full performance level after being washed on a 40 degree cycle, and even after five washes still performs better than our original product.
Features and Benefits
- 6 to 18 months durable water repellency
- Fluorocarbon free
- Natural feel to treated fabric
- Suitable for use on Alcantara
- Available in 250ml, 500ml, 1l ,and 5l
- Available in Standard and Antibacterial (AB) versions
- If using on an interior surface, use I2 TriClean to prepare the surface you are going to treat
- For exterior use, use W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner neat for dirty surfaces, or dilute at a ratio of 5:1 with water for less soiled areas
- Make sure the surface you have cleaned is thoroughly dry (for best results 48 hours in good drying conditions) before applying I1 Smart Fabric. For the optimal impregnation of I1 into your fabric, its moisture content must be below 15% which is significantly dryer than touch dry
- Shake well before use and wear gloves
- Apply at a temperature of 5°c or above, in a well ventilated area
- Use out of direct sunlight
- Apply by spraying evenly from a distance of about 15cm ensuring thorough saturation of the surface you are covering.
- Make sure your application is thorough as once Smart Fabric has dried, you cannot apply a second coat, as the first coat will repel additional product
- Avoid over spraying on surrounding substrates, if this happens, wipe immediately with a MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth. Also wipe any excess from the fabric with an MF1
- Leave to dry for 24 hours, after this time the full effectiveness of the product will be achieved
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use within 12 months of opening
Smart Fabric V2 Test results