Optimum Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl Kit
Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl is a hybrid ceramic resin that creates a strong, yet flexible coating to protect leather seats, dashboards and trim. Opti-Guard utilises concentrated UV absorbers and a unique matting agent to maintain the original factory appearance of the surface. By absorbing and curing within the surface of the leather, Opti-Guard slows the absorption of dye transferred from clothing to prevent permanent stains. This also comes with Opti-Guard Fabric to protect the carpet.
This kit comes with: 10cc Opti-Guard Leather and Vinyl Coating and 236ml Opti-Guard Fabric Coating
- Wipe surface prior with Optimum Power Clean at 3:1 in a spray bottle, wipe down leather, vinyl and plastic to remove any silicone dressings.
- Mix Optimum No Rinse in a spray bottle at standard dilution ratios, wipe down leather seats dashboards and any other leather, vinyl or plastic surfaces with Optimum No Rinse.
- Prime the applicator pad using an X pattern across the pad.
- Apply the Opti-Guard to leather or vinyl dashboard and trim surfaces first, leaving seats until last. Wipe on in circular motions, the surface should appear slightly wet after application. Surfaces will appear glossy during this period however will dry to a natural satin/matte finish.
- Within 5 minutes wipe down any areas that have not dried. Ensure sufficient lighting is available to check for inconsistencies. NOTE: This step is extremely important to produce an even finish on some leathers, any areas that are allowed to dry uneven will be extremely difficult to correct once the coating is cured.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for seats until the vehicle is complete.
Opti-Guard Leather & Vinyl Drying/Curing Time
Touch Dry 30 minutes
Normal use 6 hours
- Spray Opti-Guard Fabric on to carpet and mats, use a carpet brush, brush the coating deep into the fibres of the material.
- Spray a second coat of Opti-Guard Fabric on to carpets and mats. Allow this coat to remain on the surface of the material to dry.
Opti-Guard Fabric Drying/Curing Times
Opti-Guard Fabric is suitable for normal use once surfaces feel dry to touch.